DEVELOPMENT LAW 3908/2011
Investing Activities & amp; Motivation
The investment projects provided by the Law, can receive the following incentives:
– Tax exemption (exemption from income tax on pre-tax profits). The amount of the tax exemption is calculated as a percentage of the value of the supported costs of the investment plan or the value of the new mechanical and other equipment acquired by leasing and constitutes an equal tax-free reserve.
– Grant to cover part of the supported costs of the investment plan and is determined as a percentage of them.
– Leasing subsidy to cover by the State part of the paid installments of leasing (duration up to 7 years) for the purpose of acquiring new mechanical and other equipment and is determined as a percentage of the acquisition value of those included in the paid installments.
- The investment law provides incentives for the establishment, expansion or modernization of companies operating in:
– Primary sector (agriculture, ores)
– Secondary sector – Manufacturing
– Tertiary sector (Tourism / Services)
– The sectors of steel, synthetic fibers, carbon, shipbuilding,
– Plans of public companies, organizations & amp; business in the form of a society,
– Photovoltaic & amp; Construction and trade sector (wholesale, retail)
Services (eg catering, advertising). ΚΑΔ 60, 64-66, 68-71, 73, 75, 77- 81, 84-86, 88, 90, 92-94, 96-99.
– Tourism: Establishment – expansion of units of category less than 3 *, modernization before 6 years from the start of operation or issuance of an investment completion decision, units classified with the key system (eg rooms for rent)
General investment plans – Aid scheme
A. General Entrepreneurship: Concerns projects that do not fall into another category of the Law.
– Aid Scheme: Tax exemption based on the limits set on the basis of a Zone and Regional Aid Charter
B. Technological Development: Includes investment plans for technological modernization of enterprises using technological and organizational innovations, such as quality assurance and control systems, certification, energy saving technology, research and development projects and programs, and utilization of specialized scientific and research potential.
– Aid Scheme: Grant or leasing subsidy for existing companies at a rate of 80% and for new companies at a rate of 90% of the limits set on the basis of a Zone and Regional Aid Charter.
C. Regional Cohesion: Includes investment projects in productive activities that take advantage of local competitive advantages, address local needs and regional problems with environmentally sustainable technology applications, introduce energy saving and water resources technologies and contribute to environment reconstruction, regeneration and development of areas of economic activity.
– Aid scheme: Grant or leasing subsidy for existing companies at a rate of 70% and for new businesses at a rate of 80% of the limits set on the basis of a Zone and Regional Aid Charter.
Note: Each year the types of business activities that fall into the B & amp; C, as well as the distribution of aid.
Project Budget – Expenditure & amp; Eligibility of expenses
- The construction, expansion, modernization of buildings, special and auxiliary facilities, as well as the costs of landscaping. 60% and up to 70% of the SME budget.
- The purchase of fixed assets directly linked to a production unit, provided that: that unit has ceased operations, is acquired by an independent investor, the transaction is carried out under normal market conditions, aid already granted before is deducted the market.
- Purchase and installation of new modern machinery and other equipment.
- Leases of financing the leasing of new modern machinery and other equipment whose use is acquired.
- Intangible assets: Costs of quality assurance and control systems, certifications, supply and installation of software and business organization system, costs of technology transfer through the purchase of intellectual property rights, licenses, studies – consultants’ fees.
For investment projects over 300,000 euros, the company must operate in the form of a commercial company (not an individual) or a cooperative.
• Economic and technical study
• General Supporting Documents (Legal data, financial data, documentation of the possibility of covering the same participation, etc.). An amendment has suspended the requirement to submit a loan approval from a Bank.
• Special Supporting Documents depending on the investment (the case permits / approvals for starting an activity / environmental conditions, etc.). Evaluation conditions
• Possibility of own participation
• Solvency: Existence of tax-insurance awareness & amp; Certificates (non-bankruptcy, compulsory administration)
• Evaluation Criteria of the Investment Body
Characteristics of the institution (Legal form – number of employees).
Experience of shareholders and management (Participation of shareholders and executives in a business).
– Company experience (Active time in the market).
– Professional specialization of human resources.
Own participation (%) in the total or enhanced cost of the investment plan.
• Criteria of Sustainability and Efficiency of the investment plan / body
– Financial analysis of the investment (inflows – outflows, IRR).
– Financial analysis of the institution (eg loan repayment capacity index).
– Industry prospects (rising, stagnant, declining).
• Criteria for Technological Development, Innovation and New Products and Services.
– Application of advanced technology and innovation.
– Development of new products and new activities.
– Application of clean technologies and waste management.
Amount of added value.
• Criteria for investment contribution to the economy and regional development
– Increase employment and in particular the creation of new permanent dependent jobs after the implementation of the investment.
– Location of installation of the investment.
– Contribution of the investment to the protection of the environment, to the saving of energy and natural resources.
– Competitiveness of products and services at international level and in particular the export performance of the company.
Amount of the investment plan and origin of equity.
– Creating collaborations – networking (clusters).